Collection of Your Information
The information we collect helps us to better personalize and improve your experience interacting with us. Here are the types of information we gather.
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect personal information from you when you interact with us via our Sites, or marketing events. Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person. The personal information we may collect includes your name‚ email address‚ mailing address‚ shipping address‚ phone number‚ and payment card information. When you ask us to ship an order‚ we collect the information you provide to us‚ such as the name‚ billing address‚ shipping address‚ and phone number of recipients. Here are some examples of ways in which you may choose to interact with us:
- Registering or creating an account on our Site;
- Making a purchase from us through our Site, call center or at a marketing event;
- Requesting customer service support or otherwise contacting us;
- Submitting a story‚ testimonial‚ rating or review‚ or other content to the Site for possible posting on the Site;
- Participating in a contest‚ sweepstake‚ promotion‚ or survey;
- Signing up for email;
- Opting in to a text message program; or
- Otherwise submitting personal information to us
Information from Other Sources
We also may collect information about you from third party sources. The information we collect from third party sources may include things such as: demographic information and purchase preference information. Third party sources may include public databases‚ social media platforms‚ data append services‚ data sharing cooperatives‚ and others.
Automated Information Collection
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our website, emails and online advertisements. This information is used to help ensure our Site works properly‚ plan improvements to our Site‚ and support our website analytics and marketing campaigns. Here are some examples of such information:
- We may also use pixel tags and similar technologies to, among other things, track the actions of users of our sites and services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of our sites and services and response rates.
- We may collect technical information like your internet protocol address‚ your device operating system and browser type‚ the address of a referring website‚ if any‚ and the pages you view on our Site.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Ocean Zero may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with us to provide products and services, or that help us market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by Company name to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Ocean Zero shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Ocean Zero to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Use of Your Information
Ocean Zero uses your information to offer and provide our products and services and to support our core business functions. These include order or service fulfillment‚ internal business processes‚ marketing‚ authentication‚ loss and fraud prevention‚ public safety and legal functions. Here are some examples of the ways in which we use your information:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests;
- To register and service your account;
- To administer surveys‚ sweepstakes‚ contests‚ and promotions;
- To provide customer service and alert you to product information‚ including recalls;
- To help us improve and customize our service offerings‚ websites‚ and advertising;
- To send you information about our products‚ services‚ and promotions via various channels including email; and
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Children Under 13
This Site is a general audience website‚ and does not knowingly collect information online from children under 13 without prior parental consent. Please contact us at email@example.com if you believe we have collected information from your child so that we can work to delete it.
Removal of Content Posted by a Minor
If you are under 18 and have an account on our Site‚ you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the Site. To request to remove posted content‚ please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content because your content may‚ for example‚ have been reposted by another user.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
We use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving your personal information online. Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Links to Other Websites
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and a Ocean Zero customer, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to Ocean Zero at its designated address and receive the following information:
- The categories of information Ocean Zero disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- The names and addresses of third parties that received such information; and
- If the nature of a third party’s business cannot be reasonably determined from the third party’s name‚ examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. Ocean Zero’s designated email address for such requests is email@example.com.